Mosinitis: Sounds like a myth to me ...

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Mosinitis: Sounds like a myth to me ...

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Celt wrote:Damn it! I peeked. Luckily (not really) I'm broke now, go figure.
You could always sell some superfluous internal organs on the black market for cash :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
newmosinfan

Post by newmosinfan »

Got my first one February last year then second in March , then it was a dry spell in the area then found a 91/59 in December and 2 weeks ago picked up a T-53 and it is the roughest stock I have ever seen . Best part is wife keeps going but you already have one round receiver ,one hex , now a 91/59 , and the T-53 thought she was gonna kill me on the T-53 but she looked at it and went I wonder how many people that gun has killed ! :devil2:
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Celt wrote:Damn it! I peeked. Luckily (not really) I'm broke now, go figure.
You could always sell some superfluous internal organs on the black market for cash :)
You can always donate plasma, goes for a good cause, you save lives and get she money(money "she" don't know about) :lol: . I've done it before and still do it, average about 240 bucks a month :thumbsup: It's just plasma, you always make more. :D My veins have bought me loads of ammo over the years, she thinks I've been donating blood, nope just the plasma.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

$240 a month? How much blood are you donating!
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Celt

Post by Celt »

Hmmmmm.... Great, thanks gm. I'm making some calls today!
JYD, I'm not ready for organs yet.... :shifty:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Celt wrote:Hmmmmm.... Great, thanks gm. I'm making some calls today!
JYD, I'm not ready for organs yet.... :shifty:
Remember that you can only sell one pint at a time, maybe once or twice a week, and you will have to be stuck with a needle :big shock: Just had a blood test two days ago so that part is fresh in my mind :big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :shock:
Theodore Roosevelt
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

I hear you can get a really great deal on blood by selling to that guy parked in the back of the Walmart lot... he'll even supply the needle. :?
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:$240 a month? How much blood are you donating!
It's plasma, not whole blood, I keep the red blood cells, they take the yellowish fluid in the blood. Generally I go twice a week, takes about an hour on Mon and Thurs, the place locally pays 30bucks to a pre-paid Visa a sitting. The compensation has gone up at times also, during high demand times, 30 is usually the norm. As for needles, I don't like them either :? But it's free money, and by my last figure well over $4000 have come outta my arm since I started. The money while a nice bonus, but I started primarily because I've watched my 17yr old niece battle with leukemia since '09 and in my screwy mind I like to think she gets it all. :thumbsup:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I do it also, I don't make as much as you though. Is the only way i can afford rifles anymore, for a while anyway. Pays the phone bill and the layaway bill at the gun shop. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

plasma donations huh??? NICE!!!!!!

Got to add to my small addiction....I can control it dammit!!!!

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Selling blood to buy guns, I used to think that was a joke as nobody pays for blood around here that I ever heard of. I wounder what they would give you for a Kidney?
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

They just take the kidneys. They also approved a bone marrow payoff but they will only give you a gift card or something like that. No money. :shock:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Will the gun store take a gift card?
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I think they would from me. I am a twice a week visitor in the least and sometimes more then that. I have not looked into the bone marrow as it sounds painful. :big shock:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That has to involve drills, bone marrow is inside bone , ouch,
Theodore Roosevelt
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

:big shock: :big shock: :big shock:

What? Creating your own "Blood Guns", to put them in the will ?
"You WILL not ever sell this rifle to anyone outside the family because it was paid for with MY BLOOD!"

I am just thinking looking further into this would be a first step to kill the virus....
.....but then I think of the empty slots on my 26 fold carroussel gun carrier and decide to fill it up with the few left and then do the blood thing for REMs and B-barrels, and 1895s and so on.....Chats and real dragoons.....

The brown boy was here today with delivery of a crate, my home controller only asked: '. Is this going into the "Prep" stash or is it going to be blown up" It was a legitimate question and I answered it honestly: No, that is for every day use only, cheapest shit you can shoot, honey. And :biggrin: that is the truth....
Last time she shot the LADY in BLACK (ATI stock) she said: Are you guys giving me heavy shots? It was new Barnaul 174 gr, and she caught it.................I am so blessed.
Now to find a way to sneak the next 2 Mosins in, the CA-safe SKS was approved as "That could be nice to have that on the range"

But she would not ever have a needle stuck into her for a gun.........I would, if it were the one I needed for my addiction and be well aware (as is the motto of someone here) of being addicted, but I do not have a problem with it.

Russian perfumed bearfat smells coming from the ladies safe make me sleep well..
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I hate needles, absof***inlutely hate needles, I get stabbed only when I can't avoid it, and only sit still for it so I don't look like a *****y to the good looking nurse who does the job. The only way blood is getting on my rifle stocks is if I use them to beat someone's head in.
Theodore Roosevelt
evildog

Post by evildog »

Well i didn't give any blood yet but i did have enough cash to at least grab it and put it on layaway till payday. 1933 hex receiver mosin with a reissue date of 49.....I'm excited as this is the first duel year stamp one i've found around here. The local Fin and Feather had 20 mosin's in and had sold more before, as this was the only ones left. They had more i wanted but i realized that without selling one of my kids off (some days i would :D ) i can't save them all.... :vsad:

Most were 42-43 round receivers with some 31-34 hex receiver ones mixed in...... :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You found an MO marked rifle?
Theodore Roosevelt
evildog

Post by evildog »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:You found an MO marked rifle?

I believe so, If your meaning that it did have a MO stamped on the top of the receiver below the two dates.....I should be able to pick it up next week and then i'll post some pics.....