Yugo/Serbian Toks...........

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Noble Sniper

Yugo/Serbian Toks...........

Post by Noble Sniper »

Anyone here have any experience with the new production M57/M70 yugo toks in 9mm and 7.62x25? They have the slide mounted safety. Interested in possibly finding one in the original tok round as a carry gun. Thanks ;)
•"Was there ever a people whose leaders were as truly their enemies as this one?"
- Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

"....from my cold dead hands:
President Charleton Heston

"Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !! "
Dr. Strangelove
Greasemonkey

Re: Yugo/Serbian Toks...........

Post by Greasemonkey »

I own a pair of Yugoslavin M57's, great handgun. I've head the 9mm versions are decent also, here are some postings that have some info.
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... 10&t=10687
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... 10&t=10545
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
cappra

Post by cappra »

I'm the one who picked up the M70A from J and G. I have fired over 300 rounds now without any malfunctions whatsoever. I do wish the magazine would pop out more
when ejected, don't know if this is a problem with the M57 or not. Other than that, it's a keeper.
Noble Sniper

Post by Noble Sniper »

Thank you I am seriously wanting one of these in the tok round....... they are screamers ;)
•"Was there ever a people whose leaders were as truly their enemies as this one?"

Dr. Strangelove
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

I bought a M57 along with a 9mm conversion set a year or two ago. Love the Tok. If you are looking for a classic look but modern practical handgun go with the 9mm version. I say this because it's easier to find the 7.62 parts to swap it over to shoot 7.62 than finding 9mm parts. It really only takes a few minutes to swap over and I love being able to shoot 2 calibers. If you buy the 9mm, look on GB or ebay for the 7.62 barrel, bushing, and I think you can fit both 9mm or 7.62 in the magazines. But the converted 9mm mags have a spacer iin them. If I recall (been a while since I had the Tok out), the 9mm rounds will be a little loose in the 7.62 mag, but may feed okay if I recall. You can load some rounds in the mag and push them out with your thumb to see if they will feed out easily.
Noble Sniper

Post by Noble Sniper »

Thanks ;)

Dr. Strangelove
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

The Tokarev magazines, unless they have the built in spacer, will load either ammo and function flawlessly.