SKS are getting up in pricing too ! !

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
VelocityKnives

SKS are getting up in pricing too ! !

Post by VelocityKnives »

Hey,

Just a look around the internet and shops around town and it looks like the AR15 isnt the only SEMI AUTO going up in prices,,,,,, I havent seen many for under the 300.00 dollar mark and those have been Badly worn models,,,,,,, Decent ones are bringing more than that,,,,, Is this just a Frenzy or the NORM from now on?

Regards,
AL
Weapons:

91/30 1943 Mosin Counterbore
91/30 1943 Mosin
.22 Marlin 25N Rifle
.22 Ruger Mark 3 Slabside competition
CZ40B .40 s/w
Taurus PT-92AF 9mm
Iver Johnson 16ga single shot Champion Model
SKS Chinese Security Force 7.62x39
mosin430

Re: SKS are getting up in pricing too ! !

Post by mosin430 »

Normal price in shops around ct are about $400 anything cheaper is beat to crap

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The price on everything is up, but stuff on the ban list is rocketing up.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

One of my LGSs has SKSs for 700 and 900. EVERYTHING is going sky high. Crazy :beek: Stripped AR lower for 600.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

F***! $900 for an SKS that isn't some rare one of????? Damn!
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

They are still under 350 here.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:F***! $900 for an SKS that isn't some rare one of????? Damn!
The 900 SKS was a Russian, unsure of year, make, or matching numbers. In a BBQ wood stock, blade bayo. The 700 SKS was listed as a Russian, blade bayo, no grenade launcher, in a Tapco T6 stock. They did have a Keltec Sub2000 9mm for 375 I wish I would have grabbed. I called back later and they said they sold it 30 minutes later. Their ARs (unsure of make) were $1250- $1700. Only 1 gunshop here hasn't jacked his prices up. A real nice guy I buy from a lot, but kinda far our for me to go too very often. But even his stock is thinning out fast. I don't know if it's folks really buying guns before they get banned, or guys looking to flip them for profit later. I did find a cheap beater Chinese SKS in plastic last week for 300 with 200rds on clips. Grabbed it while I could, not gonna flip it but put some wood back on it, a new bayonet and shoot it.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i looked at a yugo 59/66 in a tapco stock for $400 and a norinco for $700.ammo was $400 for 1000 rounds
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The reason why I refuse to buy anything, or even step foot in a gun shop until this insanity ends.
Theodore Roosevelt
Mike

Post by Mike »

None of the three gun shops I frequent here have jacked their prices, they say they are still paying the same and their reputation is worth more than the few extra dollars they could make right now.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

With most places it's not about price jacking, but lack of available product due to all the panic buying and production lines getting backed up trying to keep pace with demand. There will always be some who look to take advantage by shoving it up the consumers ass with prices like that $1000 Norinko SKS, the best thing to do is not give in to them.
Theodore Roosevelt
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

I think there will be some good summer sales as everyone is boosting production and the retailers are boosting inventory for the panic. By summer when nothings happened and hopefully people realize that, there should be some good sales.

I think we'll see the biggest sales in .223 ammo since that's still being produced in this country. Surplus ammo on the other hand is a bit more tricky since they have to find a supplier and import it.
gandhii

Post by gandhii »

Assuming that nothing will happen is a big assumption. If a majority really took the 2nd amendment seriously then there wouldn't be any such thing as CCL's, FFL's, handgun purchasing permits... etc ..etc... and so on. At any rate.. I'm pretty sure that nobody is buying anything right now to flip it since prices are already maxing out. At least I hope not. That would be dumb. I think prices are already around the max of what most people are capable of spending. To garner any higher prices ... it would have to be pure black market. In my opinion.
mosin430

Post by mosin430 »

Its crazy ive seen m&p 15 sports going for 2500 on my local forum and people are actually buying them thats like a $600 rifle

Dragunov sniper 777

Post by Dragunov sniper 777 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:The reason why I refuse to buy anything, or even step foot in a gun shop until this insanity ends.
+1 ... :thumbsup:

the prices on the SKS have been high since the last ban , when i bought my first SKS the norinco's were $39 , i bought one and a brick of the armor peircing ammo for $80 , my friend that owned the gunshop said they had the russia ones too ,for $80 a piece and asked if i wanted a whole case of 12 rifles at the discount price of $700 , i wish i would of bought a case of each and 10,000 rounds of that norinco ammo , ah the good old days ..... :thumbsup:
i am so poor i can only afford mustard and biscuits three times a week ..
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

mosin430 wrote:Its crazy ive seen m&p 15 sports going for 2500 on my local forum and people are actually buying them thats like a $600 rifle

Wanna really turn you alls stomach, a plain used High Point 995 9mm carbine sold on a local board for :big shock: :big shock: $500 :big shock: :big shock: :big shock:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dragunov sniper 777 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:The reason why I refuse to buy anything, or even step foot in a gun shop until this insanity ends.

the prices on the SKS have been high since the last ban , when i bought my first SKS the norinco's were $39 , i bought one and a brick of the armor peircing ammo for $80 , my friend that owned the gunshop said they had the russia ones too ,for $80 a piece and asked if i wanted a whole case of 12 rifles at the discount price of $700 , i wish i would of bought a case of each and 10,000 rounds of that norinco ammo , ah the good old days ..... :thumbsup:
Not the Norinco ammo, that shit I had trouble with, found some they forgot the load the powder in, Bang....Bang.....Bang....pop......perfect bullet on the ground two feet from the muzzle that was it for the Norinco ammo.
Theodore Roosevelt
mosin430

Post by mosin430 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Dragunov sniper 777 wrote:

Not the Norinco ammo, that shit I had trouble with, found some they forgot the load the powder in, Bang....Bang.....Bang....pop......perfect bullet on the ground two feet from the muzzle that was it for the Norinco ammo.
I would shoot anyvof the norinco ammo but collectors will pay top dollar for it my buddy sold a spam can of it way before all this happened for $800

howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

while you have to admit there is a supply problem all the items are now in country and have been for some time. The dealers are scalping and no reason other than to take advantage of the situation. This may actually be the time to let these scalpers sit with no sales and make them understand they should cater to the public that supports them. A well known ak parts supplier just dumped a horrible Bulgarian kit on a friend of mine. This dealer used to be a good guy with lots of help on the phone and good service and prices. He will not even address this problem or answer emails about what should the guy do with it. This was junk un useable parts not a finish problem. You also might think this is the time to tell the govt you are not going to follow the sheep on this gun control. They cannot show any of this stuff they are forcing down our throats has worked in the past. The FBI and All studies done by the govt prove this. We will have to stop this crap before you cannot buy a rd of ammo or reloading items or gun kits anywhere. And worse yet like NY you wont be grandfathered you will have to see off what you have as possession will be illegal. Time to get the politicians back to work in our favor.
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:With most places it's not about price jacking, but lack of available product due to all the panic buying and production lines getting backed up trying to keep pace with demand. There will always be some who look to take advantage by shoving it up the consumers ass with prices like that $1000 Norinko SKS, the best thing to do is not give in to them.

Just like the Gas station owners that jack you up after a storm.
I put them on my s##t list and never deal with them again