ATI Mosin TULA PU

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Mantis

ATI Mosin TULA PU

Post by Mantis »

100_2049.JPG
ATI import.JPG
100_2325.JPG
100_2330.JPG
100_2065.JPG
100_2325.JPG
scope numbered mount.JPG
100_2099.JPG
Pictures of my 43 TULA PU. As you can see it is an actual PU sniper @ least at one time. I have 2 of them but the 44 is kinda questionable as to heritage. They both have refurbed wartime PU scopes on them. Both of these rifles have a different color stock than my other PUs. NIce but flakes too. I have heard of some M52s in this color.
Just throwing some info about these rifles to the forum. According to most I probably got scr*wed on the price. Me? I don't know maybe the 44 , but this 43 is a Tula with all Tula parts with the Russian CH stamp, according to Rguns that's a $1000 rifle, if they had them.
What I was told by Mike at ATI "We just got these in and they are actual PU snipers that were issued to East Germany after the war." He was adamant about them being actual PUs. That bill board stuff is hidden and looks laser etched, My GSG "German Sporting Guns" have the exact same laser work on them.
Here's what I see: BBL the bore is perfect, both look new. Funny thing is that the front sight is off to left side on the 43 as is the bbl witness line up to the recv'r. It seems that a new bbl was re welded to the recv'r??? Both bbls ODs are turned down smooth not that ragged wartime Russian bbl. The sight was moved far to the right to compensate. Has 0 effect on the POA POI... NONE. They have ALL TULA parts stamped with the TULA star except some bolt parts, right down to the scope mount. The scope mount is rifle SN stamped and the rifle is scope SN stamped on the recv'r. The stocks are heavy and seem like wartime with the brass inserts added for strength.
The bolts are nice although they have been ground and re stamped, the bend looks right. The bolt head has really nice work done to it. As you can see it is turned to fit the rim size and the diameter fit is perfectly tight. Some trigger work done to both rifles, Taking off flash ect.
Here's what I THINK HAPPENED, if the story from ATI is true.
These rifles were lightly used during the war, if at all. They were 'refurbed' and machined like new specifically for East Germany or it was done in Germany. Big question there... The machine work is REALLY NICE. Anal German stuff ??? I don't know where it was done. Who ever did it made these rifles a precision rifle to the MEANING.The 44 ( all the Tula parts on it sans bolt) has a "English CH" stamp
100_2054.JPG
. I THINK after these rifles were refurbed they were shot just like every other Mosin, this one was good enough to be called a PU sniper. Who? Where? Again I wish I knew. Thus the funny PU stamp. ATI swore they came that way and will go to the grave saying so. The 44 has more work done to it, the bbl has a 1/4 inch counter bore and re crowned. Since the 43 looks so new and has the correct CH mark I haven't shot it as of yet. With this rifle there is little argument, it was a Russian sniper. If it is anything like the 44 it is an awesome, (and I don't use that word often) rifle. This 44 is no joke, although it may not be able to be used in MOSIN 1000 yds meet,that would be a great thing to find out. This rifle holds SUB MOA :shock: at 213 yds laser sighted the groups was XXXX X with matched by full round weight ie (21.0 grams) CZ 147 gr milsrup. Matching the whole round weight seems to help, a lot .I have 4 PUs, R gun 44 Izhevsk, '43 1st generation TULA from CAI, this 43 Tula and a 44 from ATI. The 44 with the funny stamp is my go to PU. A 60 y/o sub MOA rifle, who can argue with that? :?: Come by I"ll let you shoot it, you decide then. I don't think many modern $800 rifles will hang with this old tech thing. I liked Tula, the maching is SOO smooth compared to Izhevsk and I payed for liking Tula. :brolleyes: 800 ea from ATI. I will more than likely never see that from the 44. Didn't buy it to sell it. Rguns said they had no Tula left. So if you want... you pay. I have 3 Tula snipers and love them all. The Izhevsk Rgun is MOA @ 100 yds so I haven't been hurt. It's about the shooting, right? Something to write something to read on a windy Sunday
Williams
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Baptized by fire
My work must not be done
Cause I'm still here, baby
Only the good die young
(Jeff Williams)
desdem12

Re: ATI Mosin TULA PU

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

This rifle most likely was imported by Molot. The laser etching WaffSchu is one of Molots partners Waffen Schumacher GmbH in Krefeld, Germany. http://molot.biz/product-e/partners.php The other part of the logo is a Molot insignia. I have them all over my Molot M91/30 PU sniper that bought from AIM in July for $589. Below is a picture of the one on your rifle compared to the one on mine. I'm not sure what this means besides we're seeing that Molot is getting rifles from a bunch of different sources all over Europe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kujuak

Post by kujuak »

Any idea why the same rifles imported into Canada don't have all that extra stuff stamped on them. I have a couple of TULA's, Molot boxes and booklets, I can't find any import marks, some are said have some markings under handguard. I like mine, when I do my part they shoot ragged holes at 100meters with Prvi fmj ammo for 3 to 5 shoots before the groups start to expand!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

kujuak wrote:Any idea why the same rifles imported into Canada don't have all that extra stuff stamped on them. I have a couple of TULA's, Molot boxes and booklets, I can't find any import marks, some are said have some markings under handguard. I like mine, when I do my part they shoot ragged holes at 100meters with Prvi fmj ammo for 3 to 5 shoots before the groups start to expand!
I'm sure these are being shipped all over the world and it's possible that the stamping is determined by which country they're going to and what that country's import laws are. But that's only a guess and I have no way of knowing that for sure. The Mosin Nagant is a great shooting rifle and some are extremely accurate but that's not a determining factor in reguards to authenticity when it comes to an M91/30 PU sniper. I like mine too. They're a blast to shoot. I just wish we knew where they're getting these from.