sks's for sale for 229.00

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Bareassmeagain

Re: sks's for sale for 229.00

Post by Bareassmeagain »

Well as you probably know by now Ol Hog had to follow the bailout money he he he Its much easier when its free. :chuckles: Ol Hog did learn a little from Jethro Clampet you see..
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I sure do miss ol' JD, I never missed an episode when it was on TV, and own the entire run on DVD.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Simo

Post by Simo »

if any of you guys want to trade your SKS for an M39 let me know!!!! you would have to add cash of course. :thumbsup:
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You just hold your breath and I we will consider that :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
drabnor

Post by drabnor »

grrr Thanksgiving set my delivery back, have to wait until Tuesday for it to show up :angry4:

While I'm waiting I ordered a sling for it(and a couple clips for my Steyr) from liberty tree :thumbsup:
a few old Russian bolt actions
VinnAY

Post by VinnAY »

Slow Ride wrote:I picked up one of these from AIM last week and just broke it down for cleaning tonight. It does have matching numbers throughout, the bore was better than expected and the overall condition was fair to good as described by AIM. Only complaint is that it didn't have the operating rod and spring in it. I've ordered those parts from Liberty Tree ($8) and I'll post some pics once I get it back together. It does have some rust spots on it - how should I treat these areas? I've sprayed it with CLP and will let it soak, but I'm curious as to what I should do (if anything) longer term. Thanks.
The 6 digit all-matching that I got from AIM was also missing the driving rod and spring. At one time someone not knowing tried to beat the handguard off the rifle because of the missing parts. The gas piston had fallen to the rear and become stuck in cosmo. I just reached through with a cleaning rod and pushed in back forward, handguard came right off. I got replacement parts from AIM but the albanian spring was defective, didn't fit over the driving rod but a wide-margin the spring was too small.
Simo

Post by Simo »

I just ordered one, it'll be here Friday evening :thumbsup:
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Simo wrote:I just ordered one, it'll be here Friday evening :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

Good Job ! Lets see some pics when it arrives. I got a few more headed this way also :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

We need to tally up how many have been bought by board members because I have lost count :)
Theodore Roosevelt