sks's for sale for 229.00

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: sks's for sale for 229.00

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

For very heavy rust crust you can scrape the spot with a penny, make sure it's a penny made before 1982 as these are copper and will not harm the bluing, later penny's are zinc.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Slow Ride

Post by Slow Ride »

Here is a pic of the one I got from AIM. I called AIM about the missing operating rod and spring and they credited me the cost of the parts - I'm more than satisfied with that. I'm going to still work on the rust spots as JYD suggested, but otherwise I'm ready to go the range once the parts come in. I also ordered a cleaning kit and sling from Liberty Tree.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
optikalillushun

Post by optikalillushun »

Not bad at all, what was ur total price?
To many to list, many more to get, not enough money :-D
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

yeah that looks like a really nice rifle, even if you did have to get some extra parts.. still a great deal and would love to hear how it shoots ..
Slow Ride

Post by Slow Ride »

I picked it up at AIM since I'm local. Tax and background fee ($15) I was at $260. For me, the fact that it was an issued piece appealed to me more vs. the Norinco's that you see at the shows, etc.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The rifle looks pretty good :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
martin08

Post by martin08 »

As Howie has stated, these are a fairly concentrated lot of early Chinese guns - a rarity unto itself - not many of them were floating around until now. So, they are collectible for the age and arsenal, alone.

But now add the field use factor. Aside from Vietnam, Yugoslavia, other Balkan Police actions, and limited Middle East usage, the SKS was never involved in a large scale war. So when an identifiable batch of these are linked to a specific region, and at the very least, were issued for training and skirmishes, it adds to the character of the weapon that was built for battle.

I ordered two last week.

As for them being the same as Norinco's. No. To clarify, Norinco was not a manufacturer, but an export company which was established in 1980.* The Chinese state arsenals were the manufacturer of all Chinese SKS major components. Yes, Norinco, as an export company, did likely refurbish and assemble some guns from parts and attached their import stamps for commercial sale purposes in the US and now Canada. But they did not build the components of the SKS. They may, as of 2012, be involved in manufacturing firearms, but at the time of the major floods of Chinese SKS's on the American market, they were just a liaison between the Chinese Communist Government and the consumer.

In short, these recent Chinese guns are not Norinco's. They are PLA military weapons, and Century Arms is the importer.

* Norinco History
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

can you post up some pics when you receive your rifles Martin ?
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Looks like mine will be delivered next Monday, I can't wait.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: Let us know how it goes.
Theodore Roosevelt
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

:D Interesting, all of a sudden my local yokel GS has 3 chinese SKS for sale at $500 negotiable price , no gear , no bayonet. After I told him 6 weeks ago I was on the hunt for one. What a little .....r! They had old CAI Import marks. I said bye and walked.

I found an as good as new 59/66A1 Yugo on Clearance for $350 plus 25 B-Check with an excellent bore and was able to inspect it, before purchase. My experience with J&G is good to very good. OK, take 229 +20 + 20 +75 for my FFL plus 10 for gas to pick it up and you end up with a comparable price, but for an inspected rifle and no risk at all.
The dealer threw in a 91/30 1932 Ishevsk Hex with suicide coloring of the serial # and the back sight plate for $79, with bayo, but no accessories (as if I cared), very nice and sharp bore and good crown. Will report in the other forum.

So I am good for now until Christmas, my son is in AZ right now, he knows of the J&G offer, maybe Santa brings me a battle SKS from the Balkan..... :D
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

don't forget guys would be nice if you would post the full serial numbers or pm me with them so I can add them to the lists being kept on Gunboards and Surviors sks boards both are stickies and the list is added to as they get posted or sent to me. I also would like to get photos PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER TO SEND BLOCKED OUT NUMBERS they are worthless for any study
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Mine is schedule to be delivered Monday and my case of ammo for it will be delivered on Tuesday. I will post some pictures and send Howie the serial number. Anyone have a good tutorial for disassembling the SKS? I have been browsing a couple sites I found and it really does not look that difficult. I will be going for a complete dis-assembly for inspection and cleaning.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

A drunk monkey could strip one down, they are a simple design.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

BubbaDX wrote:Mine is schedule to be delivered Monday and my case of ammo for it will be delivered on Tuesday. I will post some pictures and send Howie the serial number. Anyone have a good tutorial for disassembling the SKS? I have been browsing a couple sites I found and it really does not look that difficult. I will be going for a complete dis-assembly for inspection and cleaning.
Here's a field strip. http://www.gunpics.net/russian/sks/sksdis.html
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Well, I don't have a drunk monkey, darn it. But it does look pretty simple. I am looking forward to Monday night's dis-assembly.
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

BubbaDX wrote:Well, I don't have a drunk monkey, darn it. But it does look pretty simple. I am looking forward to Monday night's dis-assembly.
Biggest thing is make sure the firing pin moves freely in the bolt when you put it together. It (firing pin) should rattle when you shake the bolt, if it doesn't, take it back apart and try again. Also, make sure the firing pin channel is spotlessly clean. That way you avoid looking like a drunkenmonkey during a slamfire because of a stuck firing pin. :D
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

i think they're all sold out now
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Oh well, to the fast go the sks's, to the slow goes no sks's.
Theodore Roosevelt