Gently Used Springfield XD .45 ACP

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
BubbaDX

Gently Used Springfield XD .45 ACP

Post by BubbaDX »

Today I picked up my latest Gunbroker purchase. A gently used Springfield XD that a local gun store had listed. I paid a little over $380 out the door. What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Mike

Re: Gently Used Springfield XD .45 ACP

Post by Mike »

Very nice! My son-in-law to be has one, I have shot it and love it. The recoil is less than your average Keltec 9mm.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice price too. :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
drabnor

Post by drabnor »

I'm jealous! I paid over 700 OTD for one a few months ago. Love it!
a few old Russian bolt actions
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: Looks nice .
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

Those are fun. Got to shot at the police range the other day, and when I ran out of 40 cal ammo for the glock, I used one of those. We were shooting tactical drills with the lights off and on.. Can't remember having more fun at a range.

They shoot very nice.
jb
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have a hard enough time hitting anything shooting a sidearm with the lights on :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Good looking pistol! Sounds like a great price too :)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

Good price on it. How is the grip angle on it? Like a Glock or 1911?
dou44

Post by dou44 »

you got a great deal on it.i would like to find a xd9 to go with my xd40c that i use as my carry gun.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have the 4" XD40, and the 3" XD9 subcompact, and I can't say enough good things about them. Absolutely love these Croatian made pistols and I am sure you will too. You saved a ton of money on this deal and are going to need lots of ammo. walmart is a good place for ammo.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

desdem12 wrote:Nice price too. :vcool: :vcool:
No that's more like a great price
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

bunkysdad wrote:I have the 4" XD40, and the 3" XD9 subcompact, and I can't say enough good things about them. Absolutely love these Croatian made pistols and I am sure you will too. You saved a ton of money on this deal and are going to need lots of ammo. walmart is a good place for ammo.
As to Ammunition, Can I suggest reloading? You will initially have a rather large outlay to get set up, but then you will see a great savings in costs. It will get to the point that your costs will levelout but you will be shooting a LOT more. My practice .45 load would cost me according to "Lucky Gunner" about $37.00 a box of 50. Now they are JSWC and I'm shooting LSWC, but I'm getting a dang close equilivent round and I know it's costing a lot less.

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Reloading for the 45acp is a good thing. I have even bought the bullet molds and cast my own bullets for them, but honestly, you can buy lead round nose bullets in bulk and still come out pretty cheap. Even if you don't want to shoot lead bullets, there are good deals for bullets, and can give you a lot of shooting time as these tend to get pricey when you shoot alot. best of luck.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely start reloading for the .45 ACP, I think the cost savings are good enough to make it worth doing. My goal is to be able to reload for every caliber I own, just in case ammo becomes hard to find. With my single stage press it will be a slow process, but enjoyable.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

May I suggest finding either a NRA reloading clinic/a gun club clinic or a buddy who loads. The reason I say this is when you first start you will have all manner of questions and it never hurts to have a guy with the "Been there,Done that" tee shirt in his collection. All the answers are in the loading manuals and press instruction books, but a person who can actually show you what goes where and does what is always a huge help