Hey Howie?

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Woodbeef

Hey Howie?

Post by Woodbeef »

I see your cast receiver is from a "Rectangle Factory" code just like the stamped ones. Any idea as to why the experimental only came from them,instead of the normal factories?
howiebearse

Re: Hey Howie?

Post by howiebearse »

It may not have any bearing on it. The factory codes, as I have been told, can come from one assembly shop that stamps several different codes as they finish the weapon. This may or may not have any bearing on it. Parts are contracted with many different factories. The specifications must be met and it does not matter as long as the specs are correct as to whether the parts are cast, stamped, or milled. This proves that you can use many different processes to do what you need. The use of factory codes makes it look like you have allot of Military production Factories when in fact most all the factories make whatever they need to make under the same roof. With CNC machines you can make any number of parts for engines or weapons in the same machine at different times and not have to do production runs on dedicated machines.
howiebearse

Re: Hey Howie?

Post by howiebearse »

I have two different photos of cast receivers both are rectangle codes 0129 and 0132 there may be more out there