Filled a doe tag this morning.

websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Filled a doe tag this morning.

Post by websterz »

Well, I broke the dry spell today with a nice little doe. She ran me thru the nastiest underbrush I have ever seen but after about 500 yards she finally laid down. I was shooting my .50 caliber Wolf Magnum, with a 200 grain Thompson Center Shockwave bullet over 95 grains of loose FFG. I took out both lungs at 60 yards but failed to hit the shoulder, otherwise I wouldn't have had to track her.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
desdem12

Re: Filled a doe tag this morning.

Post by desdem12 »

Nice :D That'll taste good :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good eats coming for you this winter :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

There's one for the fridge. Do you save the hide, donate, or just toss it?
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

audadvnc wrote:There's one for the fridge. Do you save the hide, donate, or just toss it?
I dispose of the hide at the local incinerator. There is a virtually endless supply of hides this time of year and you can't even give them away.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1