MO 1935/48/50 tula 91/30 "Consideration for showcase"

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ponycarman

MO 1935/48/50 tula 91/30 "Consideration for showcase"

Post by ponycarman »

I would like to post my most rescent rifle to attempt to get it in the rifle showcase and the fall competition. This rifle is not rare by no means and is not as special as many of the other interesting showcase rifles. But I think this rifle shows that you can finds some neat less than common rifles in the "cheap refurb" crate in your local gun shop. There are many unknowns about this rifle. The factory that made the rifle is the tula factory. What caught my eye about the rifle when I was sorting through a full crate was its date. The rifle is a "MO" marked with triple dating. The date of manufacter is 1935/48/50. No one really knows for sure what this means but it is interesting and sygnificant non the less because the russians marked it into the rifle. Another unknown about this rifle is the "red lettering" which is commonly accompanied with the "triangle 25" mark. These marks are also unidentified but interesting and important as well. The rifle is the earlier hex-reciever construction as well. While many would think there the rilfe is nothing but a common refurb, it is at the moment my favorite of my small collection. It is my most interesting rifle but was also the cheapest mosin I have purchased yet. It also has a couple interesting stock repairs. I hope she is good enough to get in :). I didnt see any I didn't see any "regular" refurbs in the showcase yet but I might have missed them. If not maybe my rifle can be one of the first :). There are some great, cheap, interesting, refurbs that can be had still. Just got to find them.

On to the pics. I hope they are good enough :)

Here are the stock repairs and what is left of the cartouche

The stock is a wartime variation with this style of sling eschutions. The rear sling hole has no insert at all.

Here is a couple pics with some color haha. A few of my favorite hobbies are represented in these pics. Just thought I would try something different :). Who doesn't like guns and guitars :D

A couple more of just the rifle

Let me know what yall think :). I hope I read the rules right lol. I might need some help with the process of events if I am allowed to move forward in the contest with my rifle thanks guys!
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
dou44

Re: MO 1935/48/50 tula 91/30 "Consideration for showcase"

Post by dou44 »

nice triple date. :thumbsup:
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks dou44! I must admit I was and am more than a little nervous about showing her off for this lol. Im afraid she wouldn't stack up to everyones expectations.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
dou44

Post by dou44 »

well i would buy it if i found it. would love to have it.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

A very nice one. It has a pile of cool repairs! I don't have a MO of any double or triple so you are way ahead of me. :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

Pony Carman, now you have exposed my other sickness, Music, Shame on you! ha ha he he! I am an ex bass guitarist and am still an audio nut. I have a mixing console in my living room that cost more than my truck and it is setting upon a table in a nice roadcase. So the truth about me comes out now. Music Gear and Mosinitis Addict, Thankfully I don't have to answer to a wife, ha ha! :chuckles: :chuckles:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

ponycarman wrote:Thanks dou44! I must admit I was and am more than a little nervous about showing her off for this lol. Im afraid she wouldn't stack up to everyones expectations.
WHY??? I like it, it looks great & it's a triple date MO. What's not to like? The Showcase is for seeing nice examples of the Mosin Nagant & all of the many different variations there are. We lock the posts to keep it all about the gun itself & banter free... Not because it's a Museum or King Tut's tomb. No need for a Gold Sarcophagus, just a nice example of a Mosin Nagant.

Post that on the Showcase!! :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Three_Dogs wrote:Pony Carman, now you have exposed my other sickness, Music, Shame on you! ha ha he he! I am an ex bass guitarist and am still an audio nut. I have a mixing console in my living room that cost more than my truck and it is setting upon a table in a nice roadcase. So the truth about me comes out now. Music Gear and Mosinitis Addict, Thankfully I don't have to answer to a wife, ha ha! :chuckles: :chuckles:
Haha I love music as well. Im not very good at making it but love it non the less. I also have a wife to deal with but Im lucked that so far the guitars and guns havent bothered her yet. The guitars might if I dont get any better at playing them though :lol: :lol: :lol:

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Rongo wrote:
ponycarman wrote:Thanks dou44! I must admit I was and am more than a little nervous about showing her off for this lol. Im afraid she wouldn't stack up to everyones expectations.
WHY??? I like it, it looks great & it's a triple date MO. What's not to like? The Showcase is for seeing nice examples of the Mosin Nagant & all of the many different variations there are. We lock the posts to keep it all about the gun itself & banter free... Not because it's a Museum or King Tut's tomb. No need for a Gold Sarcophagus, just a nice example of a Mosin Nagant.

Post that on the Showcase!! :thumbsup:
Sweet! Thanks! I guess its just the fear that others may look at the rifle in a different way than me. Especially with some of the amazing rifles Ive seen on the forum here. Do I need to just copy and paste the original post in the showcase? With the Consideration for showcase in the title of course.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

ponycarman wrote:
Three_Dogs wrote:Pony Carman, now you have exposed my other sickness, Music, Shame on you! ha ha he he! I am an ex bass guitarist and am still an audio nut. I have a mixing console in my living room that cost more than my truck and it is setting upon a table in a nice roadcase. So the truth about me comes out now. Music Gear and Mosinitis Addict, Thankfully I don't have to answer to a wife, ha ha! :chuckles: :chuckles:
Haha I love music as well. Im not very good at making it but love it non the less. I also have a wife to deal with but Im lucked that so far the guitars and guns havent bothered her yet. The guitars might if I dont get any better at playing them though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well luckily my 3 dogs are the only ones that probably wish the music would stop. I think they like the music better than the sound of gunfire. :chuckles: :chuckles: dance5 dance5 :dance: :dance:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

"For consideration for the showcase" is for this thread so members realize you want to put it up. So no need to do that on the Showcase. Just copy your first post in this thread, start a new post on the showcase with the same title, paste, then add the pictures & submit. Easy.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Rongo wrote:"For consideration for the showcase" is for this thread so members realize you want to put it up. So no need to do that on the Showcase. Just copy your first post in this thread, start a new post on the showcase with the same title, paste, then add the pictures & submit. Easy.
Sweet! Done! :D

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:

"Dang that entropy"
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Interesting stock repairs
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Nice triple. I'm a sucker for the MO, CKO and C.A.O marks. A double I have is an ex-sniper and two triples. One with a Soviet splice. Just something different to look for when digging through the boxes and racks.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks sarge! Im always looking for little things to make the rife a little more special. There is so much to look for in a mosin :)

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)