Weldon's update

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
desdem12

Weldon's update

Post by desdem12 »

We are all waiting for the WELDONHUNTER UPDATE with baited anticipation. ????? :biggrin: :biggrin: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Re: Weldon's update

Post by WeldonHunter »

desdem12 wrote:We are all waiting for the WELDONHUNTER UPDATE with baited anticipation. ????? :biggrin: :biggrin: :Drool1:
Nothing yet. Still waiting for the call. I may call them in a while but I don't want to bug them to much. I've shown my disgust with this since the first time I was told I needed to come back. Especially yesterday when I thought had everything I needed and was walking out with them only to be told I can pick them up on the 8th. I just shook my head in disgust and said "What?" I realize this is mainly on me because of the expired ID but this part of it with the hold because the process was interupted is pure BS. I will definitely post about them when they are here beside me. Complete with pics. This has become a kind of cult thing now. How could I not? Now I have to figure how I'm going to do it. Do I post them one at a time in the same post or a new post over a period of time for each. That would be devious. I'll probably pull them all out and take a group picture and post them as I get them cleaned up.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Decisions, Decisions. Post them both as you got them, together and them individual for the "Glamour Shots" :biggrin:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Update: I called them and he told me they just called about an hour before. He said he couldn't find my phone number which is probably true because the owner has it with him and he's at the other store. I'll be picking them up tomorrow. :big shock: :D :D :vcool: :beek: :vcool: :clap:
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Awesome! It will be like premier night around here tomorrow lol. Can't wait to see them Weldon!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I already have the popcorn ready. :pop:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :toast: :toast: :toast: dance5 :dance:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

LOL!

I assume he's not replying because he's busy getting the rags ready to clean these babies up. Either that or he's already out buying more :D
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Nope I'm here. I'm just trying to figure out where to put them all. It's going to be a picture fest around here tomorrow. I'm going to pull them all out and take a group photo, then start cleaning. Believe me I'm an auto tech. rags I have no shortage of. I actually have an old tin trash can that was my granddads full of rags plus I have hundreds of real shop rags for working on cars. Now where'd I put that solvent? :biggrin:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Ok I have the guns in my hot little hands and have started the cleaning process. I've only pulled one of the M44's out of the boxes and it looks nice. Forced matched serial numbers on the bolt and stock plate is all I see so far. Lots of grease. These guns came from AIM Surplus have tags that say RGuns and the paperwork has CAI on it so I'm still trying to figure that out. This one is an Izhevsk with the Soviet Union Crest Dated 1944. More to come as I go. I have some pictures and will post them in a bit. Should I start a new post or just list them here? Decisions decisions.
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

What all did you get?

PICS!!!
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Pics before and after cleaning...C'MON MAN :Drool1: :Drool1:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

I've taken some pics. before cleaning and I'm working on the first one still. The firing pin protrusion is perfect out of the box. It's a fairly clean gun with a Ukrainian referb. mark on the stock. The lable for the other M44 says it's also a 1944 and the 2 Hex 91/30 guns are a 1932 and 1934 from the lable on the box. No year on the boxes for the round receiver 91/30s so that'll be a mystery until I get them out. I'm going to be at this for a while so be patient. As soon I finish the first one I'll post the pics. of it.
WeldonHunter

Re: Weldon's update Gun #1 M44 9393

Post by WeldonHunter »

Ok here we go. This is a Russian M44 refurbed in the Ukraine. It's an Izhevsk 1944 and looks to be in very nice condition. I didn't do a complete takedown. I've had some other things to do around here while trying to clean this. It's a nice gun and the rifling is good. The bore was still a little dirty under the grease but it's not a sewer pipe rather it's fairly smooth and shiny. It's not counterbored which I hope means it's not shot out. Since the only Mosin I have to compare it to is in rough shape bore wise I'm not sure about that. The first few are before I cleaned it. Sorry for the quality of the pics. but I wanted to get to cleaning it. One thing to note is the RGuns lable and these came from AIM and the receipt from the FFL says C.A.I. (Century Arms International) and the box has that on it too in pen. I don't know if they just assumed that or where CAI comes in here.

Before cleaning

After Cleaning
Last edited by WeldonHunter on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That is really nice. It cleaned up good didn't it? Did you go ahead and fire a couple of rounds yet? Or do you have to go find a range? I can't remember if you said you could shoot on your property. Looking forward to seeing more, and I gotta tell you I am feeling the excitement for you. These are great days to be buying guns.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

bunkysdad wrote:That is really nice. It cleaned up good didn't it? Did you go ahead and fire a couple of rounds yet? Or do you have to go find a range? I can't remember if you said you could shoot on your property. Looking forward to seeing more, and I gotta tell you I am feeling the excitement for you. These are great days to be buying guns.
Yes it is a great time to be buying these. I haven't fired it off yet. It got late and I really didn't feel like cleaning it...again. Besides I have 5 more to photograph, clean, photograph again and post. I'm working on it. Oh and I can just shoot it right here in the yard. I did that when I first got here with the Polish M44. I usually walk back behind the barn though.
Last edited by WeldonHunter on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Whew! I made it to the premier!

That rifle is gorgeous Weldon, congrats!It looks like it is in excellent shape. Cool markings too.

I'll be tracking the progress reports through-out the evening :biggrin:

Congrats!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

OH YAAAAA............ thats the good stuff..... :vcool: :vcool: Looks nice for sure :biggrin: :biggrin:
WeldonHunter

Re: Weldon's update Gun #2 1934 M91/30 Hex 11374

Post by WeldonHunter »

Ok Here's the next one. It's another Izhevsk. This one is a 91/30 Hex 1934 with Matching serial numbers for the receiver and bolt. Bolt may be forced. I'll be able to see the numbers better after I clean it. The Mag floor plate is crossed out and forced as well as the butt plate. The bayonet is not matching and not forced as far as I can see. I'll have to look at the other 30's to make sure the bayonets weren't swapped when they checked them in at the FFL. So far the accessories look tired and there's only on ammo pouch and not 2 like I've seen some places selling but I really don't mind that. They're all being labled as to which gun they came with and going in to a PA120 ammo can with the bayonets for storage. There's a bunch of marks on the stock and some are ink stamped. One looks like the CCCP mark. More pics. to come.

Before cleaning.

After Cleaning
I've tried to include as many pictures of the cartouches and and other marks as possible. Some aren't as clear as others but the camera is not the greatest. It self focuses and I had to take many of them over and over to get the ones I have.

Last edited by WeldonHunter on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: