zeebill's 1907 carbine

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

zeebill's 1907 carbine

Post by racerguy00 »

Another unbelievably rare rifle in zeebill's collection. The 1907 carbine. Enjoy, I sure did.

On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: zeebill's 1907 carbine

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Wow, you don't see em like that very often, really nice rifle posted. :Drool1: :thumbsup:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

It's gonna be a good week, wake up this morning and to see a 07 carbine that actually belongs to a forum member. Magnificent, :Drool1: , :big shock: Scratch that one off the gun bucket list, yes even to see one from a forum member is list worthy.

Thanks Mr. Bill and Racer.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Damn.... :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Mike

Post by Mike »

Beautiful!
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Great rifle, Love it. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Wow!
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Molot has surely come very far along in making reproductions, and in a very short time.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

martin08 wrote:Molot has surely come very far along in making reproductions, and in a very short time.
:chuckles: :chuckles:
I was thinking hmm.. I wonder how many will get so caught up with the beauty of the carbine that they will forget they came to the Molot section?

On topic: The metal looks parkerized or some similar process... what is the deal with that? If original, which I bet it is if this is one of Bills, then what is the process called by the Russians?
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I was dead tired last night. No idea how I posted in this section. Hopefully it can be moved. :)
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

racerguy00 wrote:I was dead tired last night. No idea how I posted in this section. Hopefully it can be moved. :)
Done :thumbsup: Very nice rifle btw :pointup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :D
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: WOW :Drool1: :Drool1: Beautiful rifle. Thanks for sharing pics with us.
Jim

clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

MarksmanTim wrote: On topic: The metal looks parkerized or some similar process... what is the deal with that? If original, which I bet it is if this is one of Bills, then what is the process called by the Russians?
I have a 1928 Izhevsk updated dragoon with that same type of blued finish. It does almost kind of look like it is parkerized, but it is blued.
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

That is a very special rifle. thanks for sharing :)
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

martin08 wrote:Molot has surely come very far along in making reproductions, and in a very short time.

:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: Made My Day!!!!!!

Hey be sure to look at the 1900 and let me know anything you have in the way of thoughts Martin. Oh a buddy says he is almost sure he has a rifle or two with serials on the back butt plate and I will let you know what we find out and the numbers in case they will help. Bill :wink:
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

MarksmanTim wrote:
:chuckles: :chuckles:
I was thinking hmm.. I wonder how many will get so caught up with the beauty of the carbine that they will forget they came to the Molot section?

On topic: The metal looks parkerized or some similar process... what is the deal with that? If original, which I bet it is if this is one of Bills, then what is the process called by the Russians?
Tim the former owner says he asked KHW what the story on that was and he was told it is Phosphate coated during a refurb process that took place in I think like 1927 or so. So I guess you could say it is original to an early refurb of it. It was very disconcerting to me when I first saw it as the pictures of it sort of muted the effect of that coatings look in person. Dave's great phone camera pickes it up far better than the pictures I bought it off of. I kind of freaked out till the explanation of it. I am sure the pictures were not intentionally doctored in anyway because of the respect I have for the former owner and his unquestionable honesty. As far as what it is called? Phosphate coated? I don't realy know. Sorry! Bill :o
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Thanks for posting that 1907 carbine! She is a looker! Nice to see one anytime! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Great looking rifle. :Drool1: :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool:
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Thanks for all the positive comments and of course Thanks again to Dave on the great pictures! Bill :D

Thanks to Martin and the Molot comment as my sides still hurt this AM from Laughing! :lol: