Feb GunBroker Sales-Election time

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
boomer34

Feb GunBroker Sales-Election time

Post by boomer34 »

Where oh where did the cheap Russians go? They were few and far between on this month's sales report. 43 rifles sold for an average of $436. But get this, 14 sold in the +$500 range, one at $615 and one at $705. If you look at $450 and above there were 23 that went above that price out of the 43. This coincides with the results in Jan. but is a serious step up because Jan had three very expensive rifles and the numbers this month come from more rifles sold at $450 and up. What is curious about this step up in prices is that there were a few premium guns but the rest were refurbs. Not a lot of repeat buyers from what I could tell.

This month I have posted the number of bidders after the price. I looked at the bids and counted the different bidders so it will not coincide with the number of bids you see posted on Gunbroker.

The low was $263 for a refub and the high was $705 for a very nice original Letter Series "I". There were three other nonrefurbs sold for $381, 593 and 500. The Letters were well sought after with seven being sold for an average of a little over $500. There were four of that group that sold for $500+. Three Izzys sold, two above $500. A questionable ex DDR showed up at $272 but two real ones sold for $615 and $536. There was a 55 refurb that sold at the fixed price of $525.

The Starting Price netted 9 buyers what they wanted and 5 went for the Buy It Now. The only rifle sold in a box was the $615 ex DDR. No bubbas showed up this month. Wild month, I could not believe what I was seeing about the rifles going for $500+. Of the last seven sales made, six were $500+.

So get you wallets out and jump into March-Remember, there is an election coming. From what I saw at a local gunshow this weekend, the sellers of guns and ammo have already got that figures in.

In addition to those shocking numbers, here is an article from the Fort Worth Star Telegran on guns and the election.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/03/03 ... iving.html

So, get ready for the ride.
MN Fan

Re: Feb GunBroker Sales-Election time

Post by MN Fan »

For the SKSs we already own, this is good news. For all those we still want...not good.

Do you think there is still some tax refund cash jacking up the prices?

Well done Boomer, thank you.
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
boomer34

Post by boomer34 »

If there is some tax refund componet so far in 2012 it should start to fade by April. May will tell the story on that. The election may override that small support and prices take off right up and until the election. If it is Obama it may not stop then.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

This is a really neat and useful service you are putting out here. My hat is off to you for your work gathering the data and putting out for us bums.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

The SKS are like Gold now a days. They are only going to go higher. If any one sees a good deal on one now, best buy it and if nothing else just
put it away for a bit!
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
Drago

Post by Drago »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:The SKS are like Gold now a days. They are only going to go higher. If any one sees a good deal on one now, best buy it and if nothing else just
put it away for a bit!
Agree'd! And a "good deal" these days seems to be anything under $400! Wow, maybe I was a tad too early with dumping my SKS's.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Drago wrote:
OLD OUTLAW wrote:The SKS are like Gold now a days. They are only going to go higher. If any one sees a good deal on one now, best buy it and if nothing else just
put it away for a bit!
Agree'd! And a "good deal" these days seems to be anything under $400! Wow, maybe I was a tad too early with dumping my SKS's.
It appears you may have been. Can you even imagine how high prices may go between now and election time in November for a semi-auto Military Carbine?
Come September or October, watch out. You may very well see a nice Russian go Near $1000. Refurbs at $500 and up.

The Yugo SKS are at the bottom of the bucket supply wise. Prices for earlier imported New ones are going up fast. I see prices of $400 already for one of those with a proven pedigree. Where are all those Chinese $200 to $250 excellent or new ones right now? There are still a few bargains around, but getting scarce.
When I see a new in the box Chinese [0223] Arsenal actually sell for $450 over at Iowa City and another two months before an /26\ for $479 at the same shop
it tells me some one wants these SKS at what ever they have to pay to get one. Some thing is going on. It obviously varies by geographical regions I'm sure.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
Drago

Post by Drago »

It would, at this point, be hard to deny that people aren't willing to give up cold hard cash to obtain a SKS. I sure know I am! :)