Odd

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
mitch5690

Odd

Post by mitch5690 »

So tried firing the SKS today. Loaded the rounds, it chambers fine but go to pull the trigger and no click, doesn't fire. Ok safety off?!?! Yup. Unload it an play with the trigger and it pulls and clicks. Put one round in the chamber and it fires. Ok odd, reload the gun and it does it again! Won't fire, it's a yugo with the grenade launcher setup. Dunno what's up took the gun apart maybe something's in wrong -_-
Greasemonkey

Re: Odd

Post by Greasemonkey »

Is the bolt going all the way forward? When you cleaned it, did you install the recoil spring correctly?
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

The bolt is ping all the way forward I'll have to take the bolt apart again and see if it was installed incorrectly
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

When loading from the mag, did you pull the bolt clear to the rear and then let it Slam shut? If not, the weapon will not be fully closed and in battery. Rifle will not fire. Round will not be fully seated in the chamber either.
This situation has happened twice in last two days on another board. Bolt must slam closed. Try it.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

mitch5690 wrote:So tried firing the SKS today. Loaded the rounds, it chambers fine but go to pull the trigger and no click, doesn't fire. Ok safety off?!?! Yup. Unload it an play with the trigger and it pulls and clicks. Put one round in the chamber and it fires. Ok odd, reload the gun and it does it again! Won't fire, it's a yugo with the grenade launcher setup. Dunno what's up took the gun apart maybe something's in wrong -_-
Quoted for truth. :vcool:
Kollaa kestää