the one that got away- dang that Finn

If it fires black powder, it is discussed here.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

the one that got away- dang that Finn

Post by bunkysdad »

How many times has this happened? I fully intended to purchase a new Remington 1858 Replica revolver and had my sights set on 2 of them, both of which went for a great price. Just before placing my bid I found a m91 Finn with a VKT barrel and a date of 1942 and won it instead. Now my bp revolver has to wait. I don't mind too much but every year about Spring time I get the bug for black powder shooting. Something about the chance to get out on a nice cool morning and just do what I love best- shooting. By the way there are some really good deals available right now at Cabela's website. Complete pistol packages with starter kits for under 300.00 and 50.00 cheaper without a starter kit. Anyone like the revolvers? 1858 New Remington, Everyone needs a 1858 Remington, or perhaps a sheriff model in .36 caliber? :P
desdem12

Re: the one that got away- dang that Finn

Post by desdem12 »

I have a remington replica 1858 and i got my son the colt replica 1851. The colt is a much more accurate gun but the rem is a whole lot easier to take down and clean. I can't hit a large stump with mine :lol: Maybe it is the shooter though. But i can do good with the colt. I wish they woulda made a .50 caliber revolver, They woulda sold a couple to me for sure. :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Uberti, and Pietta are still making the 1858 Remington revolver, their factories are going full blast and show no signs of letup. The Finns stopped making that Mosin almost 70 years ago. The Remington will still be there when you are ready :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

They had these at the local store and I gave them a look on Sunday. I admit, they do look nice! The store was pretty busy so I didn't ask to handle one, but through the glass, they look like an excellent piece to have :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

So where are the pictures of that Finn?
Dragunov sniper 777

Post by Dragunov sniper 777 »

i have been pondering on one of those pietta 58 stainless buffalo from cabelas myself , i thought it would be awful nice with a Kenny Howell stainless 45 colt cylinder dropped in it , then maybe i can move on to fully converting some colts with a loading gate and ejector , we all need something to play with till more parts come in, LOL :biggrin:
i am so poor i can only afford mustard and biscuits three times a week ..
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Pietta makes a nice stainless 1858, I have one, but not a buffalo model, I didn't know they were making that in stainless. Lots of nice Colts to have. 1847 Walker, the Dragoons, all the pocket models, Sheriffs models, Navy's and Army's.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
geraldo

Post by geraldo »

Oh, I like 1858 Remingtons. I've got four Piettas (2 blued 8", a blued 5.5", and a stainless target model), and I just traded into a Euroarms .44 NMA. The blued Piettas I got from Cabelas last year when they were $50 off, plus I had $20 coupons, which equals a $159 Remington. IF I were you I wouldn't worry abou tgetting the Finn, just wait for the Cabelas super sales.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

That sounds like a great deal these days. I would buy another at that price. I bought mine when they were around $100. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

1858 Remingtons i may look in to gettin one or 2 i dont know alot about them the more guns i see on here the more i want to buy but money is well i need more if i keep buying guns and welcome to the forum geraldo. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom (George S. Patton)